There are 1,106 moderate trails in Switzerland ranging from 0.7 to 547.5 miles and from 633 to 14,960 feet above sea level. Start checking them out and you’ll be out on the trail in no time!
Switzerland boasts some of the longest, most varied and best-kept hiking trails in the world. A staggering network of 65,000 km of waymarked trails winding their way into every corner of the Swiss countryside means that there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for the thrill of an alpine peak or a gentle family forest stroll, we’re giving you our top tips to make it easy to explore this breathtaking landscape safely on foot.
- If all the trails in Switzerland were laid end-to-end, you could hike around the globe one-and-a-half times.
- Hiking is Switzerland’s favourite sporting activity – around 50% of the population goes for hikes regularly
- The country boasts some 50 000 signposts
- The hiking trails are looked after by a team of 1,500 volunteers
- The hiking trail network is protected by its own set of laws
The Swiss Alps comprise almost all the highest mountains of the Alps, such as Dufourspitze (4,634 m), the Dom (4,545 m), the Liskamm (4,527 m), the Weisshorn (4,506 m) and the Matterhorn (4,478 m).
Find more information here http://Hiking-switzerland
Interested in hiking and willing to visit Switzerland,contact us,we can customize your Hiking adventure.